RE: MEDIA: ICANN rejects .xxx domain

  • From: Fergie
  • Date: Thu May 11 14:15:11 2006

Also, who is to say what is "offensive" or "dangerous to
children"? You don't seriously think that only pr0n would be
forced into the .xxx TLD, do you?

(Aactually, it's pretty funny that anyone in their right mind
would expect this happen anyway.)

I can also see cases where someone's blog get's relegated to
the .xxx TLD because of a few colorful remarks or a use of
the 'f' word...

Not too much of a stretch to see abuses of this nature.

- ferg

-- "Geo." <geoincidents@nls.net> wrote:

>     Why?
>
>     If we can coral them in it and legislate to have no porn anywhere
> else than on .xxx ... should fix the issue for the prudes out there.

Because once you separate them out, the government is free to slap a tax on
.xxx websites.

Geo.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson