Re: MEDIA: ICANN rejects .xxx domain

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu May 11 14:14:30 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006 13:40:22 EDT, Alain Hebert said:
>     If we can coral them in it and legislate to have no porn anywhere
> else than on .xxx ... should fix the issue for the prudes out there.

The problem is that it's a TLD, not .xxx.us.  What standard of "porn"
do you intend to enforce?  Remember there's places that have Internet
where females are still supposed to keep their faces covered in public.

Besides which, "if we can corral them in it" looks like a very implausible
concept.

RFC3675.