North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
RE: Password Security and Distribution
- From: (nanog) Brian Battle
- Date: Tue Jan 24 16:23:01 2006
>Our company is starting to grow rather quickly and we are starting
>to have growing pains. We are in the need for a better mechanism for
>sharing passwords between our engineers.
I wish there was a system that let you do the following:
* Store and encrypt logins/passwords and access logs in a database
* Assign permissions (add new logins/passwords, change password...)
to those passwords on a per user/group basis, based on an existing
authentication scheme (Windows AD, LDAP, Kerberos...)
* SSL web frontend
* Reporting. If a user leaves and you want to know which passwords
he had access to or has ever accessed so you can change them, this
would be really really nice.
I've been playing around with Network Password Manager from www.sowsoft.com.
It seems like the best product available in this area that I could find that
makes sharing passwords kinda easy, but it's a service that runs on Windows,
requires a Windows client software installation, and lacks any sort of