Re: Odd policy question.

  • From: Christopher McCrory
  • Date: Fri Jan 13 14:50:42 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 08:32 -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
> > Don't forget:
> > www                IN             CNAME         goatse.cx
>
> and don't forget the terminating dot on goatse.cx.
>
> but this did cause me to update those trapper zone files and
> bump the serials.  last time the serials had been bumped since
> 1995.  so you had the suggestion of a decade.  mahalo.

Ouch.  So you are going to punish the rest of the world for the mistakes
of a few people (however annoying it is).

/me just cannot imagine explaining this to my mother when she mis-types
some URL.

Granted that what your (former-) customers did was not any sort of best
practice, but I think your "solution" is a little too extreme.

--
Christopher McCrory
 "The^W One of the guys that keeps the servers running"

chrismcc@pricegrabber.com
 http://www.pricegrabber.com