Re: Cisco, haven't we learned anything? (technician reset)

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Thu Jan 12 12:40:21 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:53:32AM -0600, Rob Thomas wrote:

> Hi, Matthew.
>
> ] Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) is installed on this device.
> ] This feature requires the one-time use of the username "cisco"
> ] with the password "cisco".
>
> Interesting.  Is it limited to one-time use?  Are the network login
> services (SSH, telnet, et al.) prevented from using this login and
> password?

	I know the AP350 comes with a default Cisco/Cisco account..

	(as opposed to doing a nvram/config clear and
it only lets you login on console).

	problem is with cisco each product group controls how
they ship their system, so the Aironet teams don't quite seem
to get this IMHO.  That doesn't mean your 76k/GSR/CRS-1 will have
Cisco/Cisco, but your aironet products sure may.

	- jared