West Coast broken / Sprint problems

  • From: Olsen, Jason
  • Date: Mon Jan 09 17:27:46 2006

From: owner-nanog@merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog@merit.edu] On Behalf Of
Erik Amundson

> Mud slides?  Fiber cuts?  What the heck?  All my west-coast lines went
splat a while ago...

Got confirmation from my Sprint service manager that there's a fairly
major cut.  I quote,

	"Currently, Sprint has been impacted by a major network event
(fiber cut) on the West Coast. This fiber cut has impacted both
data and voice services. I will provide updates ASAP...."

This was followed up about 8 minutes later with, "The fiber cut occurred
outside of Phoenix. The fiber techs should have arrive at 4pm CT."

Since $employer uses Sprint exclusively for WAN and voice services, I've
lost everything in Arizona and California.  I've also noticed spotty
service in Westminster, CO.

Good times.

-Fer

Jason "Feren" Olsen      Senior Network Engineer     DeVry, Inc
Em: jolsen@devry.com     Ph: 630-645-1607            One Tower Lane
INOC-DBA: 19258*526      Fx: 630-389-2929            Oakbrook Terrace,
IL 60181