Re: WMF patch

  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
  • Date: Thu Jan 05 03:56:03 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 05:58:16PM -0500,
 Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu <Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu> wrote
 a message of 46 lines which said:

> How many times do you propose we FTDT before we get fed up and ask
> upper management to authorize a migration to some other software
> with a better record? And how many more FTDT's do we need to
> tolerate while we wait for upper management to authorize a
> migration?

There is no limit to what human beings can stand before becoming
reasonable. That is human nature and the engineers' rationality is no
match for it.

Think about religion, for instance. A lot of people still believe in a
supernatural being despite a very bad track record (much worse than
MS-Windows').