Re: Two Tiered Internet

  • From: Edward B. Dreger
  • Date: Wed Dec 14 22:25:16 2005

JM> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:45:09 -0500
JM> From: Jeff McAdams

JM> And, at that, only after extracting regulatory concessions at both the
JM> state and federal levels basically giving them their monopoly back to
JM> give them "incentive" to half-*ssed roll out that DSL that is, itself, a
JM> mere fraction of what is technically possible.

Hear, hear.

Interestingly, back in 1997, $local_ilec claimed they were "waiting on
the tariff to be approved" for lower ISDN rates.  I suspect such a
tariff requires filing for any chance of approval.

General observation:  Both cable and DSL are available, or neither are.
That's empirical; don't ask me for an r-squared calculation. ;-)

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/