RE: Two Tiered Internet

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Wed Dec 14 15:09:29 2005

> 	but do i get "the Internet"?  ... your claim is that

No, my claim is that "users" are not paying the full boat.
Almost all the telecoms are still in trouble in one way or
another, interest expense, billions $$ in bonds coming due
~2008, etc. They aren't making enough money. That may be a
market forces reality, but that doesn't mean the services
aren't under priced.

> 	and as others have cleverly pointed out, what i really
> 	am buying is full employment for the AP departments of
> 	telco/isps.  :)

You're paying pensions for bankruptcy court employees in
perpetuity and Michael Moore documentaries. :)

I think the better questions for this thread may be:

1. Why NOT charge for priority access and transit
2. Is it inequitable to anyone, and why?
3. If there is an inequity, does it really matter?