Re: SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was Re:Cluelessanti-virus )

  • From: mary
  • Date: Sun Dec 11 00:54:07 2005

[snip Eicar signature]

You didn't attach it. If you had, I'm pretty sure Exim (running an ACL plugged into ClamAV) would have caught it before it got to my Inbox. Clam detects Eicar just fine. :>
:) I did receive two "your message contains a virus" replies. One was a "Panda GateDefender", sounds Windowsish.

What you did was include it inline in a text/plain MIME part in your message, where it isn't likely that it could do any harm even if it *was* a real virus.
<nods> real harm/mass traffic not intended

-m