Re: Juniper DNS cache

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Fri Dec 09 19:49:55 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 05:42:17PM -0500, Peering wrote:
> Dumb question...anyone know how to clear the DNS cache on a Juniper
> M-20?  I looked all through the JUNOS documentation on their website and
> looked through all the available commands and couldn't find anything.

Juniper does not operate as a caching nameserver, therefore it has no DNS
cache. It will send new queries to its configured nameservers every time,
so if something isn't updating, it is the nameservers you are using.

This question would probably be better suited for the Juniper-NSP mailing
list (http://puck.nether.net/juniper-nsp/) too.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras