Re: Sober

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Fri Dec 02 15:15:08 2005

--On December 2, 2005 2:02:15 PM -0600 Dennis Dayman <dennis@thenose.net> wrote:

Interested, but I see many Sober postings and outages on other lists and
not here...has anyone been having issues? I know the ISP's are fighting
the living out of the virus.
I've been seeing a few really large bursts into our mailserver. Not sure if it's a new variant or a reoccurrence of an old strain. I put in a good number of new port 25 inbound blocks for infected systems and attempted to put up a few checks inside of our front end mail servers rather than in the virus and spam filtering (which happens later for us, so for bad surges we put a few custom rules up front early in postfix).

Isn't anything we can't handle at this point but it was pretty ugly for a while there.