Re: paypal down!

  • From: Kevin Day
  • Date: Tue Nov 15 22:59:18 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 9:45 PM, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
                                 www.paypal.com

                             Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator,
webmaster@paypal.com and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the
server error
log.
Works for me.  Same BS splash advertising that always comes
up.  Damn that
is annoying.

Yes, but it *is* up. Same here. Probably one of the rotation web servers had
an issue or something minor.

Or there's a chance that you've got a trojan/malware install on the computer.

I had someone contact me the other day with a nearly identical complaint, "Why have PayPal and eBay been down all day?" They were alternately getting a 404 or 503 for those sites, but everything else worked. Their hosts file had entries for ebay, google, a number of banks, common phishing targets. Even more fun was when I deleted the hosts file, after his next reboot it pulled an updated hosts file with new working IPs from somewhere.

I'm guessing the malware phishers don't have a five-nines array of redundant proxies yet. :)