Toasters with webservers? (Was: [Latest draft of Internet regulation bill])

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Fri Nov 11 05:09:44 2005

> just wait for ipv6 and toasters with webservers! :) Actually, as
> more things get a network stack I imagine more interconnection will
occur
> requiring more bandwidth and taxing the infrastructure even more :)

Imagination is becoming reality...

A webserver the size of a match head
http://www-ccs.cs.umass.edu/~shri/iPic.html

An open source IP stack for microcontroller (tiny) chips.
http://www.sics.se/~adam/uip/

A commercial webserver in a USB plug
http://www.webservusb.com/

IPv6 has already been implemented on microcontrollers
http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/703
http://www.interpeak.com/products/iplite.html

--Michael Dillon