Re: classful routes redux

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Nov 04 15:05:34 2005

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 21:41:48 +0200, Pekka Savola said:

> Seems a bit irresponsible to me.  Personally I'd rather focus on
> cleaning up the AS number mess a bit rather than throwing more
> technology at the problem.

All the same, we need to start the technology throw now, because it's well
known that the cleanup won't happen until far too late - by the time it gets
painful enough that actual cleaning happens, we won't have enough lead time
to deploy technology.

Personally, I'd rather focus on making sure that a 75% complete cleanup doesn't
result in us falling 5% short with no alternate plan already in place and ready
to turn on.