Re: Turkey has switched Root-Servers

  • From: Tony Li
  • Date: Thu Sep 29 02:28:09 2005

In general I agree with you. The primary exception being that if national
political interests want to press for local rules about specific strings
(like XXX) then those national interests belong in their designated part of
the name space. Polluting the global space with nationally inconsistent
rules about use will not help.

Are there national exceptions to international law? Seems to me that if no exceptions are permitted, then everyone is treated equally.

Tony