EV1Servers Hunkers Down for Hurricane Rita

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Thu Sep 22 10:05:41 2005

Via Netcraft:

[snip]

With one of history's most powerful hurricanes bearing down on the Houston/Galveston area, EV1Servers is taking steps to protect the more than 1 million web sites hosted in its Houston data centers. CEO Robert Marsh says the company has more than 10,000 gallons of diesel fuel on site, and has procured an extra generator in case grid power is unavailable for an extended period. "We anticipate that the coming storm will have no impact on our operations," Marsh said in a message to customers. "However, we are prepared to deal with any eventuality."

[snip]

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2005/09/22/ev1servers_hunkers_down_for_hurricane_rita.html

- ferg

--