Re: router worms and International Infrastructure

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Tue Sep 20 02:21:57 2005

Subnetwork specific worms?  I only want to take down as1,
as2 and as3, for example, rather than a large-scale
'internet killer' outage.
Almost a year ago we had a crisis in Israel where something caused ONLY Israeli ISP clients to stop being able to use their DSL connections, and on the SAME DAY.

We believe it was a targeted worm.

Who said this can't happen? It already did. The biggest impact was the help desks being DDoS'd.

Gadi.