Re: LA power outage?

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Tue Sep 13 21:23:52 2005

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:21:59 -0000, "Reeves, Rob" said:

We've been told by our field tech in LA that One Wilshire had lost power
for a bit, but it is now restored.  I don't know the duration of the
outage, but our equipment there is on DC and did not go down.

So - who in LA is going to be telling Santa they want a new data-center sized
diesel UPS genset for Christmas? ;)
More like, "which manager is telling Santa they want a new, clue-imbued employee for Christmas?"

I'm not too close to the story and I don't live in Los Angeles (I live and work 55-65 miles northeast of downtown), but it seems to me that the problem could have been avoided with a little more caution on the part of the person who cut the wires.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307