Re: Computer systems blamed for feeble hurricane response?

  • From: Aaron Glenn
  • Date: Tue Sep 13 13:37:30 2005

On 9/13/05, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) <fergdawg@netzero.net> wrote:

> Attempts by agencies to spur the Federal Emergency Management Agency into urgent action were met with bouncing emails, the Journal said.

while the lot of you can debate proper DNS records and what OS their
mail server might be running, does anyone else find it highly odd and
worrisome that they're sending emails to alert FEMA of a crisis,
instead of, I don't know - phone calls? if I'm a federal agency and I
require FEMA's resources immediately, I'm going to pick up the phone
and call them; not fire off an email marked "urgent".

aaron.glenn