Re: Computer systems blamed for feeble hurricane response?

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Tue Sep 13 10:52:25 2005

At 10:29 AM 13/09/2005, Steven Champeon wrote:

on Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 09:54:42AM -0400, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> Looks Solaris'ish
>
> # telnet ns2.fema.gov smtp
> Trying 162.83.67.144...
> Connected to ns2.fema.gov.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 ns2.fema.gov ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.7p1+Sun/8.11.7; Tue, 13 Sep 2005
> 09:49:36 -0400 (EDT)

Well, how is any automated system supposed to find it? Sheesh.

Apparently, that host accepts mail to postmaster; we'll see if it is
actually delivered/read/responded to.

SOA said root.ns2.fema.gov. It might be someone actually read's roots mail ?

I will cc that addr so if its read, they can see the thread at

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg11505.html

and perhaps comment.

        ---Mike

antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/