RE: DNSSEC in public

  • From: Marcus H. Sachs
  • Date: Mon Sep 12 09:35:07 2005

Dan, check out http://www.dnssec-deployment.org/

Marc

Marcus H. Sachs, P.E.
SRI International
1100 Wilson Blvd Suite 2800
Arlington VA  22209
www.hsarpacyber.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog@merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog@merit.edu] On Behalf Of Dan
Mahoney, System Admin
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 6:15 AM
To: nanog@nanog.org
Subject: DNSSEC in public

I'd like to ask if there's any sort of draft or standard that anyone knows
about for doing DNSSEC in the public, using either a "root" key and/or
possibly having master keys pulished in WHOIS?

I see a very experimental thing Verisign is doing for the .net zone, and
also for some other opt-in zone, but I'm sure that's highly experimental
at this point.

I guess my question is: is there even something up for discussion at this
point?  I know it's early in the game.

Thanks

Dan

--

"I can feel it, comin' back again...Like a rolling thunder chasin' the
wind..."

-Dan Mahoney, JS, JB & SL, May 10th, 1997, Approx 1AM