Re: OT: Yahoo- apparently now an extension of the Chinese govt secret police....

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Wed Sep 07 09:20:00 2005

This is not shaping up to be a very good month for
Yahoo! all the way around -- at least PR-wise:

 http://techdirt.com/articles/20050907/0246214_F.shtml

- ferg

-- "Bob Arthurs" <bob_arthurs@hotmail.com> wrote:

Way OT, but very interesting- don't know if anyone saw this article about
Yahoo collaborating with the Chinese government's police (from the BBC):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4221538.stm

If this is true, I for one will stop using Yahoo- I have spent alot of time
in Asia myself, and I am very aware of the nature of the Chinese secret
police. But if the article is true, I guess Yahoo doesn't care about the
opinion of the regular consumer when they can curry favor with a repressive
regime by informing on people.

So, if you email friends in China from a Yahoo account, you have been
warned!

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg@netzero.net or fergdawg@sbcglobal.net