Re: Yahoo! -- A "Phisher-friendly" hosting domain?

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Wed Aug 31 11:28:04 2005

Someone is... or trying to, at least, watch and contact the
responsible owners/registrars, but in some cases they aren't
apparently eager to assist.

That's why the ones that are caught end up in various
RBL's...

- ferg

-- Alex Rubenstein <alex@nac.net> wrote:

Shouldn't someone be watching these, though?

root@sodium:~# whois paypal.com

[...]

PAYPAL.COM.SV04.COM
PAYPAL.COM.LIMITSPEED.NET
PAYPAL.COM

While I agree in concept that this is not how the internet runs, and I am
not proposing a domain name police force be instituted, it seems to me
that things like this are easily caught. Not to mention, the purpose of
them is clear.

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex@nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net