RE: Katrina could inundate New Orleans

  • From: Dave Stewart
  • Date: Mon Aug 29 00:22:36 2005

At 12:02 AM 8/29/2005, you wrote:

Some of this is on topic. Internet access is as important as the
lights or water being on. Right, get out, but it'll be good
to see reasonable updates on what's going on utilities wise
down there when the weather shifts.
Y'know... I do have to wonder whether Internet access is nearly as important as power and communications (traditional comms, such as the PTSN).

Granted, it'll be interesting to see how things shake out - but I just can't buy that getting the Internet working should/will be a really high priority.