Re: ISP's In Uproar Over Verizon-MCI Merger

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Tue Aug 23 17:50:25 2005

On 23-aug-2005, at 23:24, Richard Z wrote:

US is trailing other industrial countries in broadband penetration
I'm not sure that's the case, AFAIK the US holds its own.

because no carrier is interested in investing and building
an infrastructure to be shared by their competitors. The only way they
argue to get the industry out is to have a few large companies with
little competition.
So I guess the choice is between lots of broadband against monopoly prices or less broadband at lower prices?

Now I didn't take all that much economy in school, but something there doesn't sound right...