Re: 4-Byte AS Number soon to come?

  • From: Andre Oppermann
  • Date: Tue Aug 23 07:25:04 2005

Paul Jakma wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
I think I only felt the need to do this a handful of times over the last decade, but it's generally difficult to position tcpdump such that it will intercept the eBGP traffic.
Ok. So that's a "not important" then.

I'm interested in operational use of any kind of passive BGP 'reader' btw - not just ethereal/tcpdump. (Just to make it obvious ;) ).
IMO it is very important to have the ability to listen into a BGP
stream at any point in time and have the reader decode the updates/
withdrawls starting from the next message boundary.

--
Andre