Re: Cisco crapaganda (Modified by Jason Chambers)

  • From: Jason Chambers
  • Date: Sat Aug 13 08:55:05 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 05:53, Michael.Dillon@btradianz.com wrote:

Also, what about DoD Orange Book certification? Can this kind of
testing methodology be applied to routing systems as well, such as IOS?
I don't claim to fully understand Orange Book but it seems to
me that one of the essences of Open Source is the process of
certification.
<--snip-->

To learn more about the Orange book, look here
http://www.dynamoo.com/orange/

In relation to the Orange Book,

There is a evaluation program available, named TPEP, links are below. Very interesting and intense.

Yes, routing systems \ IOS applies. See 1.3 TPEP Process Overview at http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/process/procedures.html

I chatted briefly with a fed @ Defcon about this program, specifically about work to make this achievement something [buzzword warning] "Critical Infrastructure" and the well known software manufacturers would look to engage in \ use. Maybe by way of public forums such as this is that accomplished. In labels we trust.

http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/index.html
http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/tpep.html
http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/process/faq-sect6.html#Q8

-Jason