RE: UUNET connectivity in Minneapolis, MN

  • From: Geo.
  • Date: Fri Aug 12 08:49:57 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog@merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog@merit.edu]On Behalf Of
James D. Butt

> Unless there is some sort of crazy story related to why a service provider
> could not keep the lights on, this should have not been an issue with
> proper operations and engineering.

The building where one of our nodes sites got hit with an electrical fire in
the basement one day, the fire department shut off all electrical to the
whole building including the big diesel generators sitting outside the back
of the building so all we had was battery power until that ran out 6 hours
later.

How do you prepare for that?

Geo.

George Roettger