Re: Cisco crapaganda

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Wed Aug 10 09:14:59 2005

> I, desperately, hope you are not referring to Raven Adler's
> presentation at Defcon following Black Hat.

No, I am referring to something that was published
3 years ago and describes substantially the same
exploits and techniques as Lynn described except the
3 year old document has much more technical detail and
offers a URL where source code for the exploits can
be acquired.

Maybe Lynn rediscovered this independently. Maybe he
heard rumours of an exploit in blackhat communications
and this guided him where to look. But if my memory
serves me correctly, Lynn himself claimed that his work
was based on the work of a blackhat.

--Michael Dillon