Re: Fiber cut in SJ

  • From: Wayne E. Bouchard
  • Date: Fri Aug 05 23:10:11 2005

I'm gonna guess that people were too distracted with "Oh crap, where'd
the internet go?"

So since there's the question, for those not in the know, the word is
that there was a cut through half of a 1000 strand cable owned by
Level3, affecting 502 fibers.

It's my understanding that they've been splicing since 23:45 GMT and
that they're moving through the mass of fibers at an impressive rate.

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 07:26:47PM -0700, George William Herbert wrote:

> So... is mail not getting in/out from Nanog right now,
> or is the fairly major fiber cut in San Jose not newsworthy
> on the operational list anymore....?
>

> -george william herbert
> gherbert@retro.com / gherbert@taos.com / gherbert@webex.com

---