Re: /8 end user assignment?

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Thu Aug 04 14:48:49 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, David Conrad wrote:

If you can justify a /8, ARIN will allocate one to you (not that I speak for ARIN or anything, but that's how things work). Presumably Softbank BB justified the /8 APNIC allocated to them.
I don't know about APNIC, but ARIN's rules are generally structured to make justification of a /8 all but impossible. I suspect this is actually a typo or misreading of some sort.

jms