Brand X decision could mean widespread VoIP blocking

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Tue Jun 28 16:08:48 2005

Jeff Pulver makes a good point in a Forbes article
when he says "I believe it's a matter of when, not
if" providers start blocking VoIP traffic from
competitors across their own infrastructure, especially
on the heels of the Brand X SCOTUS ruling.

"If I'm a service provider offering my own voice
over broadband offering, and I've got the ability
to block my competition, why not?"

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2005/06/28/voip-cable-blocked-cx_de_0628voip.html

- ferg

--