Heads up: DNS survey traffic from 199.45.255.0/24

  • From: Duane Wessels
  • Date: Fri Jun 24 13:57:35 2005

Hi NANOG,

Beginning monday of next week (2005-06-27) my company (The Measurement
Factory) plans to begin a survey of DNS authoritative nameservers.
You may see queries, including VERSION.BIND and zone transfer attempts,
coming from 199.45.255.0/24.

For more information please see
http://dns.measurement-factory.com/surveys/200506.html

Note: We submitted an ARIN template yesterday for this netblock
with appropriate comments and contacts.  However, we have not yet
received an "approved" reply yet.

Duane W.