Re: Outage queries and notices (was Re: GBLX congestion in Dallas area)

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Wed Jun 08 16:41:13 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 02:35:42PM -0400, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
> > Well, that's fine, at the transport layer, but I think more an
> > application layer solution is called for.
> >
> > Something akin to news.announce.important on Usenet?
>
> How about nanog@nanog.org?

Oddly, that's my approach, yes.  The problem is threefold: robustness
and deployment (email tends to win, by and large), people listening,
and people talking.  NANOG, as a list, wins on both of the latter
points.

Cheers,
-- jra
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates   |  Best Practices Wiki |          |            '87 e24
St Petersburg FL USA    http://bestpractices.wikicities.com    +1 727 647 1274

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me