Re: Battery Maint in LEC equipment

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Sun Jun 05 23:12:47 2005

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> In NJ, Verizon, MFS, and Telcove all install batteries.
>
> We put them on our UPS and Genset anyway, however.

The corollary to this question:

If your data center has an adequate DC plant, will the carriers insist
on installing their own batteries and rectifiers?  And how many of them
have redundant supplies to take advantage of an A and B feed from you?

Typically, because they're the phone company, if you offer them DC,
they'll insist on AC.  If ou offer them AC, they'll want DC.  And it
seems that wherever you want the MPOE/drop they'll have some reason to
install it as far away as possible.  :-)

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay@west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV