Re: URPF on small BGP-enabled customers?

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Jun 03 10:49:37 2005

On 2005-06-03, at 10:26, Andre Oppermann wrote:

christian.macnevin@uk.bnpparibas.com wrote:

I guess it's been a while since I've played with it, but isn't this pretty
well what happens with uRPF anyhow?

No, my proposal works as long as the customer advertizes their prefixes
via BGP, not matter how long the path or what community attributes are
set (for example NOEXPORT). No matter how they send it, as long as they
send it, it works fine.
So, your proposal is loose-mode uRPF?