RE: Administration Asks Appeals Court To Compel ISP Searches

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Wed Jun 01 09:28:55 2005

[ SNIP ]

> I have never seen an NSL and have never received one.

IANAL, and I haven't seen one post yet, so I'd suggest
that if anyone has a question on the process or how it
affects them, _they contact a real lawyer_.

Latest publicly available NSL:

http://www.aclu.org/nsl/legal/NSL_formletter_080404.pdf

Latest FBI Memo on authority and filling out an NSL:

http://www.aclu.org/patriot_foia/FOIA/Nov2001FBImemo.pdf

not part of FISA, but statutory authority under the
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

Myth: Wiretap means voice surveillance. It insinuates it, but
voice intercept is least used out of the CALEA punclist, believe
it or not. Wiretap is used as a descriptor for all.

-M<