RE: sorbs.net

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Tue Mar 15 21:41:07 2005

[ SNIP ]

> I don't follow too closely these days, but thought NANOG was moderated
> now and that totally out-of-line threads would have been nipped in the
> bud.  Must... grep... mailboxes...

The opposite. This thread is a reasonable example. People
are showing displeasure at the thread and it's winding down.

It's more efficient for the readers to determine what's on and off
topic than the list administrators. We'll inevitably have a false
positive. Using tools and visual cues is reasonable insurance
against that and fosters greater communucations and hopefully
cooperation amongst the readers and posters, namely us.

We're still discussing the future of the mailing list on the
nanog-futures@nanog.org list and anyone can join. If you have
an opinion on how the list should operate, subscribe up and
post. It's been productive for the most part.

-M<