Re: sorbs.net

  • From: Paul G
  • Date: Tue Mar 15 18:20:17 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Sullivan" <matthew@sorbs.net>
To: "Robert Bonomi" <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
Cc: <nanog@merit.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: sorbs.net

> The original poster has already noted a contact has been made, and I
> will watch it with interest - and the poster may note at least one of
> the entries has probably been resolved already.

how do you justify asking me, a colo shop for example, to pay (it matters
not whom) to get address space delisted? i caused the spam source to be shut
down as soon as i learned of the incident, a shared hosting customer on one
of my customers' machines for example, and had no practical way of
preventing it from happening. in all respects, i've done all that could be
practically and realistically expected of me to deal with the problem, but i
can't pay $50xmessages to every blacklist operator's and their dog's chosen
beneficiary every time someone dodgy signs up with one of my customers. your
blacklists' 'customers' may not be aware of this issue, but you surely are,
so how is this not a violation of the public trust?

-p