Re: Obsolete bogon filtering

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Sat Mar 12 12:03:53 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 10:36:28AM +0000, Michael.Dillon@radianz.com wrote:
> > 2. People would have a list of sites that were known to be of less
> > clue than most. This might help them make purchasing decisions in the
> > future.
>
> Are you suggesting that NANOG should publish a set
> of operational best practices and then only offer
> the NANOG seal of approval to companies which adhere
> to those best practices?

The Good Netkeeping Seal of Approval, yes.

> If there is one thing that will stop telecoms regulators
> from attempting to regulate the Internet, it is this.
> The technical term is "industry self regulation".

And it would have the side effect of assembling all of those best
practices in a central place where those occasaional operators of
really small networks (like me :-) who care what they are can
conveniently find them.

I'd recommend a wiki.  Running MediaWiki.

But then, I recommend that for all centralized knowledge capture
situations.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me