Re: More on Vonage service disruptions...

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Fri Mar 04 18:09:04 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Christopher Woodfield wrote:

This does bring up a hardware design question...I'm wondering how difficult of an engineering/marketing problem it would be to design VoIP adapters with built-in backup batteries. How does the power consumption profile of a VoIP adapter compare to, say, a cellphone? What would this add to the cost of the device, and how long could the battery last?
I Like I suspect many people and any business I've ever encountered have an ups for my home router, switches, wireless accesspoints, and voip handset... if you have only a cordless phone you have approximately the same problem.

-C