Is there anything more to say on this subject? (was RE: Why do sofew mail providers support Port 587?)

  • From: Steve Gibbard
  • Date: Tue Mar 01 21:28:34 2005

I've seen this thread go on for quite a while, and have been getting lots
of "when are you going to shut that thread down?" types of queries.
While not particularly off-topic, a lot of the responses do look pretty
repetative.  Therefore, I'd like to suggest that, unless you have
something to say on this topic that hasn't already been said by somebody
else, somewhere in this thread, and that's so important that the thousands
of people on the NANOG list will want to see it, this thread should be
brought to an end.

This isn't a threat of censorship.  It's a request for self control.

-Steve
Speaking for myself; not for the
rest of the list administrators

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 Michael.Dillon@radianz.com wrote:

> > It's time to take this thread to SPAM-L or
> > some other spam oriented list.
>
> I strongly disagree. This thread has not been
> about spam. For the most part it has dealt with
> technical operational issues of email services
> and therefore it is right on track for this list.
>
> --Michael Dillon

Steve Gibbard				scg@gibbard.org
+1 415 717-7842	(cell)			http://www.gibbard.org/~scg
+1 510 528-1035 (home)