Re: Internet Email Services Association ( wasRE: Why do so few mail providers su

  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
  • Date: Tue Mar 01 06:05:00 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 05:44:26AM -0500,
 Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu <Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu> wrote
 a message of 27 lines which said:

> I'm skeptical that a model that only sort of works for under 30K ASNs
> and maybe 1K bilateral peering agreements for the *really* big Tier-1s
> won't scale to a world that has 40M+ .com domains and probably a million
> SMTP servers.

The agenda of the people who praise "email peering" is probably to
change that.

"Should anyone be allowed to operate an email system? Perhaps not."

AOL postmaster Carl Hutzler

http://www.circleid.com/article/917_0_1_0_C/