Re: Emergency Internet Backbone Provider Maintenance Tonight

  • From: Colin Neeson
  • Date: Mon Jan 24 04:54:59 2005

This is just a stream of consciousness, but I perceive that most of the
"vulnerabilities" (BGP, SNMP, etc) are mostly knee-jerk reactions to what is
reported to vendors by trophy hunters out there looking for easy kills.  For
sure, they are real and true, and need to be disclosed by the relevant
vendors that are affected, but is the frenzy that ensues after the
vulnerability announcements warranted?

Discuss.. :-)