RE: Gtld transfer process

  • From: Bruce Tonkin
  • Date: Thu Jan 20 21:25:05 2005

Hello Mark,

> That's what happened last weekend: Martin Hannigan and I got
> the ball rolling on Sunday morning about 1000 EST.  Our 24x7
> customer service department contacted Dotster and Melbourne
> IT.  Melbourne IT changed the panix.com name servers back to
> their original settings and transferred the domain back to Dotster.

I can confirm that Verisign did get in touch with our Production Manager
(Peter Berry) around 1pm Sunday (New York time), and our Reseller
Program Manager (Steve Karabatsos) around 4:30pm Sunday (New York time).

We were contacted previously by Panix around 5pm Saturday (New York
time).

I believe that Verisign complied with all their obligations with respect
to the ICANN transfer policy, and Verisign was very cooperative in
assisting us with the issue.

Regards,
Bruce