Ability to use and monitor LOCK status

  • From: Bruce Tonkin
  • Date: Thu Jan 20 18:08:07 2005

> However, that still looks to me like "Users can only ask that
> domains be locked."  Unless you are claiming that users can
> send the lock request directly to the registry, and monitor
> its status.

Only a registrar can send commands directly the registry.

Different registrars offer different services.  Most are now offering
the ability for customer to put a name on Lock, and remove a name from
lock using the normal online maintenance tools.

The status of LOCK is published in the Registry WHOIS service, although
this display is not in real-time (ie believe it is updated once a day).

Registrars have real-time access to the lock status of a name under
their management.

Regards,
Bruce