Re: Please Check Filters - BOGON Filtering IP Space 72.14.128.0/19

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Thu Jan 20 10:30:55 2005

--- Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists@gmail.com>
wrote:

> David Barak <thegameiam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > While it says that bogon filters change, and
> provides
> > a URL to check it, what percentage of folks who
> would
> > use a feature like "autosecure" would ever update
> > their filters?
> >

> What do they do to update that bogon list anyway -
> push a new IOS image?

That's a mighty fine question: the link I referenced
is the most recent I was able to find, and its list of
bogons is thoroughly out-of-date.  In the interest of
long-term reachability, I would call on Cisco to
remove the IANA-UNASSIGNED blocks from the autosecure
filters.

This will only get worse: consider how bad the GWF
problem is now with the antivirus-response-spam...

=====
David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com