Re: fixing insecure email infrastructure (was: Re: [eweek article] Window of "an

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Thu Jan 13 19:19:21 2005

On January 13, 2005 at 17:41 bortzmeyer@nic.fr (Stephane Bortzmeyer) wrote:
 > Of course, I know that. I just mentioned Africa because, in many
 > countries in Africa, it is simply impossible to get a PTR
 > record. That's a fact, there are many reasons behind.

That's because one of their leader's widows has 10 million PTRs they
can't get to without your help and are more than willing to give you
15% of them if you would just deposit...

I think the answer to not having rDNS in such an endemic way is to
arrange to have your email delivered by a host which does like hotmail
or whatever or pay someone to accept your non-rDNS connections as a
special case and forward it along.

Put another way, I don't know much chaos we should accomodate when
solutions really aren't very difficult.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs@TheWorld.com           | http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*