Re: Weekly Routing Table Report

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Fri Jan 07 19:36:54 2005

--On Friday, January 07, 2005 18:15 -0600 Jerry Pasker <info@n-connect.net> wrote:

This was about the weekly routing table report, but I'm going to bring in
some numbers from the CIDR report.

It would be back down to 140k if the "dirty 30"  top offenders in the
CIDR Report would aggregate their routes.

Someone's going to have to draw a line in the sand at some point, and
someone thinking locally and acting globally is going to be punished by
the globe.  Don't ask me how this could work, because I don't have an
answer.
Yeah I've been noticing this problem myself too...I'm between 150k and 151k at my various peers. Most of the gear at my edges should be fine well past the 250,000 mark or so, but I know of people who are having problems right now, even if they don't know it.

What, really, could be done to curtail these offenders?

Maybe "I'm the Dirty 30" T-Shirts could be made up and handed out. (I
wonder if a couple of major routing venders, who profit from routing
table growth, would sponsor the creation of the t shirts.... snicker...)

-Jerry

--
GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E